Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who couldn't do with a little phun in their life?

I wish, I wish. I wish my students could have "phun" in class.




This is a free program that simulates a lot of the physical features of our real world. With this program I could teach about gravity, mass, density, buoyancy, the three states of matter (or at least two of them), balance and center of gravity, shape and space, tessalations and patterns, simple machines, friction and more. However our computers don't have 3D accelleration I think (this may be a feature of having a graphics card). Apparently the program needs to have a graphics card, and all our refurbished dell computers use on-board audio and video.

I showed this video to my 3 year old, and he wanted to watch it twice. Then he went straight for his blocks. I showed it to the kids of a grade 4 and 5 class, and they were mesmerized! I told them that with parent permission they can get the program, and install it themselves at home if they have a newer computer (with parent permission of course). I guess I will have to put a pin in this one!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence

1 comment:

spaguyswife said...

The oldest downloaded this past weekend! Loves it! As always, great recommendations.