Thursday, July 24, 2008

Swimming in a bigger pond

Starting September, I will be teaching computers to middle school students full time! I will become a "Maverick", as in a Moody Middle School Mavericks, in Port Moody. This is a great opportunity for me, as I have been wanting to teach computers full time for more than a year now.


One of the challenges I now face is figuring out what to teach, how much of each thing to teach, how to get input from my classroom teachers, and how to turn that input into results. I began blogging on the 9 week middle school course in December, but now I have to try to create some kind of cohesive plan. Here are some mind maps I have constructed.






If anyone cares to comment, or wishes to give me advice or suggestions on lessons for middle school computer students, I would love to hear about them.








Creative Commons License


This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

No comments: